div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Wednesday 29 March 2017

Happy middle of the week !!

Hope you are all doing great....

Today's guest writer is Marjory Lacy.
Marjory is a prolific writer and will soon be releasing her new book
of memoirs.

As soon as it's released I will of course publish a link on here.

This poem is called .... Donkey





When fishes flew and forests walked
And figs grew upon the torn,
Some moment when the moon was blood
Then surely I was born.

With monstrous head, and sickening cry
And ears like errant wings,
The devil’s walking parody
Of all four-footed things.

The tattered outlaw of the earth,
Of ancient crooked will;
Starve, scourge, deride me; I am dumb.
I kept my secret still.

Fools! For I had my hour;
One far fierce hour and sweet:
There was a shout about my ears.
And palms before my feet.

Note: Donkeys have a cross on their backs
denoting that they were the animal which carried
Jesus Christ on Palm Sunday.






Lovely.......as usual, your comments are welcome, and so is your own work.
Send via the contact button...



1 comment: