div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Monday 24 April 2017

Happy Monday !!
Day 24 of 30 poems in 30 days...

Today's guest is Sultry Susan McCartney, a poem about controlling relationships.


WAR ZONE?

You want me to change
My life, looks, to re-arrange
Please don’t try that again
Or I’ll say goodbye again
Enough is now enough
Just pack your stuff

I am what I am
And don’t give a damn
You cannot make me
Or try to fake me
Into your ideal
For I am real
Not a doll you can mould
Into your other love of old
Can you meet me?
Halfway, to form a treaty
No!  Then enough is enough
Please just pack your stuff

So I am flawed
You one you once adored
Let’s be honest
You are no Adonis
I want you to know now
That I want you to go now
Remember when we went on dates
Now our dates are with flying plates
Enough is now enough
Just pack your stuff

Now believe me
You may leave me
I don’t give a flying fart
No more you’ll bruise my heart
Just get on your bike
Hit the road, take a hike
As an afterthought
Take a long walk
On a plank that’s short
I’ve had enough of being bossed
Pack your things and just get lost





Facts about controlling dangerous relationships 

He pushes for quick involvement. He comes on strong, claiming, "I've never felt loved like this before by anyone." You get pressured for an exclusive commitment almost immediately.
There's constant jealousyYour partner is excessively possessive, calls constantly, or visits unexpectedly.
He's controlling. He interrogates you intensely about who you talked to and where you were, checks mileage on the car, keeps all the money or asks for receipts, and insists you ask for permission to go anywhere or do anything.
He has very unrealistic expectations. He expects perfection from you and  for you to meet their every need.
There's isolation. He tries to cut you off from family and friends, deprives you of a phone or car, or tries to prevent you from holding a job.
He blames others for his own mistakes. The boss, family, you — it's always someone else's fault if anything goes wrong.
He makes everyone else responsible for their feelings. The abuser says, "You make me angry" instead of "I'm angry." "I wouldn't get so pissed off if you wouldn't...
He's hypersensitive. He's easily insulted and will often rant and rave about injustices that are just part of life.
9He's cruel to animals and children.  He kills or punishes animals brutally. He also may expect children to do things beyond their ability or tease them until they cry.
His uses "playful" force during sexHe enjoys throwing you down or holding you down against your will; he finds the idea of rape exciting. He intimidates, manipulates or forces you to engage in unwanted sex acts.
There's verbal abuse. He constantly criticizes you or says cruel things. He degrades, curses and calls you ugly names. He will use vulnerable points about your past or current life against you.
There are rigid gender roles in the relationship. He expects you to serve, obey and remain at home.
He has sudden mood swings. He switches from loving to angry in a matter of minutes.
He has a past of battering. He admits to hitting women in the past, but states that they or the situation brought it on.
He threatens violence. He makes statements such as, "I'll break your neck," but then dismisses it with "I really didn't mean it."

NB
Although I've aimed this for women, it can equally apply to men too.

If you are experiencing any of the above or abuse, physically or
verbally and need help then contact the below :-

24-hour National Domestic Violence
Freephone Helpline
0808 2000 247

Poetry Challenge

NaPoWriMo, or National Poetry Writing Month, is an annual project in which participating poets attempt to write a poem a day for the month of April.
NaPoWriMo
This blog is linked to the site and is quoted on it, therefore any work submitted here will receive a much larger audience !!

So go on.....have a go !!.

Submit via the contact button or email me at :-

neville.raper@gmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment