div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Saturday 1 February 2020

Hey Lidl Diddle

Lidler

In Today's Cut Price Issue


Lidl
Lidler
That's Amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing
Random Joke 
Book Offer



Spa Trek ?

I’ve got my coat and my shopping list
My bag for life gripped in my fist
I take a step onto my quest
To put their prices to the test
Hey diddle diddle I’m off to the Lidle

The carpark is small I just about fit
Two spaces one car gits
The trolley bay a pound a time
Daylight robbery, disorganized crime
Hey diddle diddle I’m off to the Lidle

The sliding door opens as if it’s magic
Paul Daniels would spin it’s almost tragic
Open sesame into the cave
For the retail treasures that I crave
Hey diddle diddle I’m off to the Lidle

They’ve tiny aisles for tiny feet
Prepacked salad and plastic meat
Fruit and veg some for a pound
Shipped to here from foreign ground
Hey diddle diddle I’m off to the Lidle

And right in the middle of super cheap Lidle
Are baskets of crap from chainsaws to fiddles
A nightie for Nan, Pan set for Mam
Buckets of Lego and mountains of Spam
Hey diddle diddle I’m off to the Lidle

Cookies from Poland and beans from the East
Coffee from Denmark a moveable feast
Brands that are nearly the ones that you know
Typoo Tea, Mr. Pickling’s Gateaux
Hey diddle diddle I’m off to the Lidle

Then we queue at the till on ten deep
For Maureen on one who’s nearly asleep
Then you prepare for the battle
As you hear Maureen prattle
As the food is shot at you, you can hear the peas rattle
Hey diddle diddle I’m off to the Lidle

So that’s all done, the war is won
I’ve bought it all from greens to gum
My bags are full my pockets not
It’s what you get not what you’ve got
Hey diddle diddle I’ve been to the Lidle


Lidl


  1. It’s actually pronounced Lee-dull – but the firm now accepts the way Brits say it.
  2. Lidl puts its rise down to winning over Maidstone Mum – shoppers who in the past would have been embarrassed to be seen in one of its stores.
  3. It began as Lidl & Schwarz Wholesale near Stuttgart in 1930.
  4. Lidl opened its first stores in 1973 and by the 1980s it had rapidly become a favourite with shoppers. It now has shops in 26 countries across Europe and is expected to be the continent’s biggest grocery retailer by 2018.
  5. The first 10 UK stores opened in September 1994.
  6. It now plans to expand into America, Russia and Australia.
  7. In 2008 the opening of a store in Southall, West London, caused a stampede, forcing security guards to close its doors.
  8. As well as Italian and Spanish weeks in UK stores, Lidl has English weeks, with Cheddar and real ales, in foreign stores.
  9. The firm calls its shoppers “Lidlers”.
  10. A quarter of Lidlers are from A and B socio-economic groups: upper-middle class and middle-class professionals.
  11. Stores are kept small with limited products so shoppers can do a full weekly shop in 20 minutes – and to keep down costs.
  12. Lidl has a smaller range of products, selling 1,500 to 1,600 lines including 330 branded lines, compared with the 15,000 items usually found in large supermarkets.
  13. Some of the more usual Christmas items sold include a whole Serrano ham joint for £39.99, a three-fish roast for £5.69... and packs of frozen reindeer steaks for £7.99.
Thats Amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing

Supermarket chain Lidl (Spain) wanted to organise a fun team-building event to engage their logistics platform employees ahead of launching a new training program.
Looking for an activity that tied in with the employees’ work at their warehouse in Madrid, they decided to attempt the brand new Guinness World Records title Most pallets toppled in domino fashion.

Random Joke of the Day ......
Facebook.
Letting you know what someone you never spoke to at school is having for dinner since February 2004.

Bargain Book
Did you get a kindle or e-book reader for Xmas? Then as a New Years gift from me you can now buy
my recent release, "Tales of the Unexpected" for the amazing low price of £1.99 (cheaper than a cup
of coffee) 



CHECK OUT THE 5 STAR REVIEWS -
B Silver
5.0 out of 5 stars
Great diverse short stories
28 October 2019
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
Love this writer I bought his previous books and in my opinion this is the best so far. The stories are much more diverse than the others. For a book of short stories there are a lot there, great to pop in and read as and when you want to. Read mine on the train, I laughed out loud at one point making my fellow passengers jump out of their seats. Recommended read....
YOU CAN FIND IT ON AMAZON NOW !

No comments:

Post a Comment